Friday, October 1, 2010

I'm working on an exhibition at the moment called A Show of Hands.
It's going to be mid next year at Chapel off Chapel.
It's a fantastic project and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

I began painting the hand of my daughter, simply because I found the image really powerful.

As I was painting the idea of an exhibition of hand portraits grew and evolved.
The concept behind this exhibition is a series of works depicting hands from all walks of life. They are hands from everyday people and well known people.

And with each hand portrait there is a story – sometimes inspirational, sometimes sad, and sometimes heart warming.

Some of the people and their stories included in the exhibition are: Tony Gould, Catherine Crock, Coxy, Simon Madden, Andrew Rule, Damian Oliver, Mike Brady, Harold Mitchell, Eva Jellinek, Asphyxia, Danny Finley, Monika and Mr connard, Tara scott, Luke Whitfield.

There's more to come!

I've just finished a painting of Jo Linsdell, a sculptor, and I'm currently working on one of Christi Malthouse.

They're all amazing people.

No comments:

Post a Comment