Thursday, October 14, 2010

I had a lovely day today painting the hands of Luke Whitfield.
Luke is the son of Peter and Sophia who own New Frontier Books and I've done quite a few picture books with them.

Luke has the most gorgeous smile, so it's almost a shame that I'm not painting his face. He has cerebral palsy and wasn't able to speak to his parents until the age of nine when they finally got a computer that he could communicate with by moving his head slightly.

You can imagine what an amazing moment that would have been for Luke and his family.

This is part of A Show of Hands next year and more of Luke's story will be at the exhibition with the painting of his hands.

I'm going to post a little bit about the subjects I've already painted over the next few weeks.

I've had the opportunity through this project to meet some amazing people.

No comments:

Post a Comment