Wednesday, April 15, 2015

I'm in the NGV Collection!

Today I had the most astounding news!! Yesterday I received an email from the NGV saying that they were digitising their catalogue and needed me to sign something for my work in their collection????? I have no work in their collection…or am I so vague that I forgot? So I called and told them sadly I thought they had the wrong person. They called me back today and apparently I do!!! It’s an illustration from a book I illustrated called, ‘A True Person’. Albert Ullin, a wonderful man with a passion for kid’s literature, bought it years ago as part of his fantastic collection of book illustrations, and about a year ago the NGV acquired the collection. At the time I thought it was simply amazing enough to be part of a collection with some outstanding children’s book illustrators, but to find out I’m now in the NGV collection is beyond fabulous! So a huge thanks Albert. And thanks also to Jacqueline Taylor​for introducing my work to Albert.
I don't have an image of the illustration at the moment, but this is the cover of the book.


No comments:

Post a Comment